We started off the day with some family pictures and brunch, and then went into presents. My parents actually made an ice skating rink in their back yard, so after presents, we went outside and ice skated. The set up is perfect, it is right next to my dad's shed that he has a wood stove in...so we had a little "warming house" too. No one ever really used it, but I think it will come in handy this winter.
I had so much fun - I hadn't skated since high school, I forgot how fun it was and want to go out to my parents a lot this winter to keep skating. Aaron actually helped flood the rink last week while my dad was out of town. I'm hoping to get him into skates this year and next, so then in a few years, he can help teach Addy how to skate!
The girls' (my nieces Brynne, Ella, and Brooklynn) all pretty much learned how to skate on Saturday. They were troopers, some of their falls made all of us adults cringe, but they acted like it was no big deal and most of the time, didn't want any help! So much fun!
.
.
Posing by the tree - in her pretty Christmas outfit
I'm quite certain Addalyn has picked up on her mom's love for shoes...anytime she has new shoes on, she loves to grab her feet and play with her shoes. That's my girl!
.
.
.
It was truly a day of pure family fun...a great start to Christmas and time with family. We are very excited to be in Michigan and see all of you guys up there! We will be heading up Christmas Eve day. I'm hoping we are there in time for Christmas Eve mass, but if not, we will go to mass on Christmas day.
.
We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with family & friends. If you are traveling, please be safe. Make sure to take time to appreciate all that is good, and remember what Christmas is all about. Merry Christmas from the Anderson's! ---Aaron, Marissa & Addalyn
1 comment:
Great pics!
You have a great family, you are very lucky. Happy Holidays - see you in a few days!
Post a Comment