Wednesday, June 16, 2010

12 Months and counting...

Addalyn Jane - June 2009


I've been a bit emotional lately (maybe it's 'cause I'm pregnant!)...and I'll find myself driving down the road and thinking "Last year at this time we did this or that" and thinking of different events that were going on in our lives last summer. It's crazy how quickly this last year has gone! I can't believe it.
.
Like I said in my last post, I want my baby to stay my baby forever - and at the same time I LOVE watching her grow up, and learn new things. It is SO fun! I'm really looking forward to enjoying our time with Addy this summer as she learns new things and gets to play outside. Then fall will come and we'll have a ton of new adventures with our new baby! Just as I think back now and am not sure what life was like with out Addalyn in it - I'll be thinking the same thing about our 2nd child come late October early November. I really can't wait!
.
11 days old

Addy's first picture with the bear at 1 month old!
Addy's final picture with the bear at 12 months old (maybe I'll do an 18 month and 2 year one or something!) She wasn't so into smiling at the camera!

Our little Addalyn is growing in so many ways. She has finally gotten her 2 top teeth...but that is it - 4 teeth total. She isn't walking yet...but she's very close. She walks around everything and will walk with you holding her hands and such. It's only a matter of time. I know Aaron walked late, and I'm not sure about me, so I didn't really expect it earlier than about now or so.
.
She is seriously happy almost 99% of the time. She's not so happy when she's tired or hungry (she does love her food!), - but you can't blame her for that! Speaking of eating, she is 100% on table food and does not have a bottle anymore. The transition actually went really well. We gradually changed her formula to milk and then once it was all milk - we stopped putting it in a bottle. She didn't even seem to notice that she didn't get a bottle anymore!
.
Addalyn dances to music, has gestures for "Sooo Big" (which we've mentioned before) and "all done", gives us "5", and sings "e-i-e-i-o" (Old McDonald song...) when she hears the song - which is super fun! She "talks" all the time and has increased her vocabulary. She says "hot" now and other things, but that is her latest...and it isn't always in reference to things being hot really, but it is a word she says!
.
She goes to bed almost each night without a fuss - as long as she has her bear. She still takes a pacifier for sleeping, but we are going to start eliminating that - we'd like it to be a distant memory before the baby comes along so she isn't trying to pull it out of the baby's mouth or getting confused. Really, she probably doesn't need it, but we were just working on changing things one thing at a time...now that the bottle is gone, we'll start with the pacifier!

Life with our little 1 year old couldn't be any better. I'm sure every mom and dad say that. But, it's true -- and I wouldn't disagree with anyone that thinks that about their little family!
Here are her 12 month stats:
Weight - 21 pounds (49%)
Length - 30 inches (73%)
Head - 18 1/2 inches (93%) -- I actually think this is wrong, but whatever! Her head measurements have been all over the charts since she was born!!
.
Bath nights are tons of fun!

Addalyn and her goofy grin :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

You definitely have a cutie on your hands!!! What a fun age. I can't wait till Camby can start crawling and being able to play!

OutdoorMama.com said...

I am so excited for you and your family and with the addition coming up! You make a great mom Marissa! Thanks for stopping out today and remember to send me that recipe for baby wipes. What brand of paper towels do you use? we use Viva I think it's called but I would think they would work great for wipes because they are really thick. And I was thinking of substituting the soap with either burts bees wash or dr. bronner's castile soap and that lavender oil. I'll have to make sure the ratio of oil to water is safe though. Can't wait to start doing that!