Monday, June 28, 2010

Badunkadunk Battlers!

This last Saturday we participated in the Get Your Rear in Gear 5K run/walk. This is a 5K that raises money for colon cancer.
.
As you all know, my sis was diagnosed last July with colon cancer. Shannon is doing great - she finished chemo in March and had clear scans at her last appointment. Thank God! We decided to form a team this year, and after much deliberation - we decided to have FUN with it all!
Soooooo, team Badunkadunk Battlers was formed. :) In case you are not sure, "Badunkadunk" is basically another word for your butt/behind/backside...or whatever you want to call it!
I had to clarify that, because my dear mom didn't know what it was when we formed the team. Love that Lady!
.
Anyway - the day turned out EXTREMELY successful. We won a plaque for being the most creative and the largest team. We didn't even know that these types of awards were being distributed, so that was an awesome surprise! I must say I'm proud of it, because I was the team captain and did all the coordinating, so YEAH BADUNKADUNK BATTLERS!
.
Team Badunkadunk Battlers

Shannon with the other survivors

Giggly Girl and her daddy/mommy!


Walking (riding) a 5K is EXHAUSTING!
Me with my cute little 4 year old nieces, Brooklynn (Shannon's middle child) and Ella (Angela's oldest)...walking the 5K. After about 1/2 a mile Ella's "feet were tired" - but she continued to walk and was a trooper! Eventually she jumped into a stroller, but did over 1/2 of it by walking!

Angela got first place over all for the female runners. She ran around a 21 minute 5K...I seriously would like to know what her time was with other runners there, because there weren't many women around her to push her!

I heart my family! Dad, Angela, Shannon, me & Mom -- with our team plaques :)

It was a very successful morning...I'm looking forward to next year! Now that we know there are awards for most creative and such - we are up to the challenge of topping this year! We'll keep the same name, but we have to figure out a new way to identify the team. It's going to be FUN!

Thank you to all of you that were a part of team Badunkadunk Battlers ---- we all made it a successful first year. :)

1 comment:

White said...

Nice job Captain! Love the pics from that day, it looks like it was really special. Best of luck next year!