We had a great weekend in the U.P.! I took over 200 pictures, and managed to narrow it down (but there are still quite a few in this blog). On Thursday Aaron went out to camp with his dad (a.k.a. cabin) and helped him get blocks ready - he is building a garage out behind camp.
I love this - the floor of the garage, and Lowell drew this in it before it dried. His grandkids: Brandon, Alesha, Jeffrey, Anthony, Holly, Addalyn, and the heart is for baby #2 coming in October!
******
We also had a birthday party with Aaron's family for Addalyn - she turned 1 on Thursday while we were there! Here she is enjoying being the center of attention!!
She had her first piece of pizza at her birthday party - and of course it was Congress pizza. Congress pizza is the hometown pizza in Ishpeming - and we always have it at least once when we are home. Then, OF COURSE, we had cake!!!
Everyone is singing to her here!
Starting to check out the cake...she went from being very dainty to digging in very quickly!
This is great!
Saturday we went down by Lake Superior for a couple of hours with Aaron's sister Tina & her kids, as well as Tammy's kids. All of the times we are in the Upper Peninsula, I always give Aaron a hard time because I've never been down by the water there. Aaron's home town is about 25 minutes from the shore -- so we finally spent some time down there, so I guess I can't complain anymore!
Alesha, Addy, and Jeffrey getting ready to go by the lake!
Arrived on Presque Isle - behind us is what Aaron said is called the ore docks. They bring ore from the mines there and then huge barges come and they ship it to wherever it goes to make steel and other things that is made with iron ore.
I walked all the way out to the lighthouse with Tina! Aaron stayed back with Addalyn so I could experience all that I could that day...
Aaron & Addy walking a little of the ways toward the light house
The 4 of us that made it to the light house!
******
After that, we headed out to camp. Aaron played a FRIENDLY (sarcasm) game of softball. Uncle Aaron & Uncle Ed vs. Brandon, Tara, Anthony & Jeffrey. Yeah, you'd think that the 30 year-olds would go easy on the kids...not so much. No mercy in the Anderson household - all COMPETITION. Aaron & Ed won the series...2 out of 3 games :)

Auntie Tina and Addy watching the game :)

Aaron, Ed & Holly Sue running into the lake after getting too hot in the Sauna
Finishing up my first sauna experience!
******
Saturday we went down by Lake Superior for a couple of hours with Aaron's sister Tina & her kids, as well as Tammy's kids. All of the times we are in the Upper Peninsula, I always give Aaron a hard time because I've never been down by the water there. Aaron's home town is about 25 minutes from the shore -- so we finally spent some time down there, so I guess I can't complain anymore!
******
After that, we headed out to camp. Aaron played a FRIENDLY (sarcasm) game of softball. Uncle Aaron & Uncle Ed vs. Brandon, Tara, Anthony & Jeffrey. Yeah, you'd think that the 30 year-olds would go easy on the kids...not so much. No mercy in the Anderson household - all COMPETITION. Aaron & Ed won the series...2 out of 3 games :)
Anthony (7 yrs old) pitching to Aaron
After the game, Addy took her first sauna with Aaron! Saunas are VERY VERY popular in the U.P. There is basically one at every cabin up there - and they start them out young...so I had Aaron bring Addalyn in there for her first experience! She loved it :)
Playing with the water bucket on the floor of the sauna!
It was a great weekend as usual, and of course went by too fast. Next weekend we are having a birthday party for Addalyn here in Rochester --- so of course more birthday pics to come (and more cake eating pictures...too fun!). She also has her 1 year check-up tomorrow, so an update on Addy as a 1-year old to come soon as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment