I mentioned in my last post that little Addy got carsick. The poor little girl has gotten sick twice since my post. Therefore, in July she's thrown up in the car FOUR times. I feel so bad for her, but she really has acted just fine after it happens, and even before, it isn't like she's crying and necessarily acting like she doesn't feel good for a long time before it all of a sudden comes.
Anyone know of some good remedies I could try? I was notorious for getting car sick on the way to my cabin when I was little, and still can't read or sometimes even be in the back of cars, so I know she gets this from me. But she's so little - I don't know how to stop it from happening...I know there are medications out there, but she might be too little for them. I plan on checking with our doctor at her 15 month check-up.
I will say though, the story does have sort've a funny side. I thought I had a weak stomach - but OH MY GOSH does Aaron EVER have a weak stomach. I can't help but laugh!!!! More to the story below...
So Addy and I had an incident on the way to my parents cabin when Aaron wasn't with us, and I had told him I wasn't sure how I handled it so well. I told him I probably would've thrown up if I had him to rely on, because I have a pretty weak stomach. Well, I may have thrown up, but one thing I can count on for sure - Aaron would've thrown up for sure!!!
Case in point: Aaron was bringing Addy to daycare last Wednesday morning...seriously they hadn't been driving for more than 3 miles (which is weird that she got 'car sick' - but she really was fine after that, although we had to keep her home from daycare). Aaron said Addy was quiet in the backseat when all of a sudden she starts saying "uh oh" over and over again. And then she throws up. In the meantime, Aaron pulls over and tries to get her out of the seat - and he throws up.
I had posted something about it on Facebook, and for those of you not familiar w/ the website...people can comment on your posts. Well, one of my friends had jokingly said "toughen up Aaron" - and to which Aaron commented this:
"So picture this...Addy and I pulled over in a parking lot, cars going by, Daddy hanging onto his knees launching in a parking lot trying to help Addy get out of the puke saturated seat she is sitting in. Every time I go to grab her my hands slither around the puke and I have ho again. Finally get her out as she is crying, me taking her clothes down to nothing still standing in the parking lot with cars going by...pretty sweet"
.
I really shouldn't laugh at my husband, but when I read this - I laughed out loud to myself. The thing that makes it more funny to me, is that it doesn't end there, because at home later in the morning he attempted to take the car seat out of the truck, which caused him to throw up again...
.
...and THEN - as he was attempting to take the cloth covering off the seat so I could wash it (side note - I offered to do it for him so he wouldn't throw up) he threw up again - THIS TIME IN OUR GARBAGE BIN IN THE GARAGE. Ugh, seriously! So, I tell him that needs to be cleaned up...and - well, you get the gist. The chain of events just keep coming!!! I think from her one incident in Aaron's truck, Aaron threw up 5 times - no joke!
.
We had another incident of her throwing up this past Saturday, where Aaron was actually in the back seat with her because we were driving with the Scheel's - and as you can imagine, I couldn't hardly get the car over quick enough for him to get out :)
.
We all know what I'll be doing when I have sick kids in the future - looks like I'm going to be the solo parent in that department!
.
Anyway - the reason for my post is obviously to get suggestions - but I couldn't help but share Aaron's story that goes along with Addy's car-sickness. And, I don't think Aaron minds my sharing, considering he posted that comment above to facebook, which has access to more people than my blog does :)
.
In regards to Addalyn, I'm not sure what to do. Before July, she had no problems.
.
Any ideas that you guys have, I'd love to hear them! Let me know!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment