Saturday, August 14, 2010

Splishing and Splashing

We've been trying to do lots of swimming time this summer with Addalyn. I was a fish when I was little, pretty much at the pool from the moment it opened until the moment it closed every day in the summer - so I love to take Addy in the water at every opportunity we can.

For Addy's birthday, she got a swimming pool for our deck from the Scheel's - plus a water table from me and Aaron. The first time we tried to put her in the pool, she wasn't so sure if it even though she LOVES her bath...but when we put the water table in the pool - she was much more comfortable!

I would recommend a water table for ANYONE with little ones...it provide lots of entertainment for Addalyn in the evenings...some nights we are putting her into her P.J.'s early or having her run around in a diaper for a little while because she has drenched herself from her table - but she loves it!

When we were at my parents cabin over the 4th - we took her in the water where she couldnt' just sit on her own for the first time. The VERY first time we took her in, we were actually out in the middle of our lake with my family on the pontoon, all jumping off and relaxing. But, I didnt' have my camera for that event. My mom has pictures for me though :) She wasn't so sure of it at first, but then she relaxed after I talked to her and sang her some songs...and then she was just very calm in the water.
This picture is right off the dock at my cabin - but the same weekend!

We also went for boat rides a lot over the weekend...this one is when Addy and I were spotters for the tubers that we were pulling...we had just gotten done with some swimming!
The next time I attempted to put her in the pool on the deck - she was LOVING it and splishing and splashing!


We also have taken Addalyn to Family Swim at the Pine Island pool. On Sunday's they open the pool from 5 to 6:30 for families - where the kids can bring floaties, their life jackets, etc...which you can't do during normal business hours. She had lots of fun here too, floating in her toy, hanging out with daddy in the deep end with her life jacket and floating on her tummy/back also :)



I really wish we could take her swimming more...it is lots of fun! I'm hoping to try and find one more trip to the cabin this summer - and maybe another trip to a larger pool before it starts getting too cold for swimming :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love summer water pictures! The colors are so bright and fun. Looks like Addy is a water baby!