Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Big Day!!!

Well, I'm still sitting here without holding my little one in my arms...but...tomorrow I will be induced if this child does not decide to leave their happy home on their own within the next 24 hours :) 

THANK GOODNESS I have an ending - this has been quite a lengthy and stressful few days/weeks.  While I'm very thankful that I am able to attend my grandpa's services, I would've loved to be holding my baby as well, and I know my grandpa and family would've understood if I hadn't been able to make it due to the baby arriving!

Last week at my appointment I was dilated to 3, this week I was almost dilated to 4 (on Monday) so I was sure this baby would come on its own.  I've had contractions every day for the last few weeks actually but nothing that was too painful or too often.  They have come more often in the last few days, and starting to get more intense...but I could go hours between contractions so I don't get my hopes up anymore!

Anyway, grandpa's funeral is in 2 hours, so I'll be making it to that, which is an answered prayer.  After that, it is game on!  Like it or not, my little one will have to make an entrance soon ---- more to come in the next few days!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck Mar and Aaron! Can't wait to hear news of the new arrival!

Amy T. said...

Yeah for the big day coming very soon. 10/22/10 is a pretty cool day too!