Sunday, October 3, 2010

Preparing for Baby!

We haven't been pointing to my tummy and saying baby or prepping Addalyn for the baby coming. Given she is only 16 months, we just felt she was too young to try and "get it". Also, I didn't want her to associate my belly (or a belly!) with the word baby when she is at the age where she is learning a ton of words and associating them with objects!

There was one thing I wanted to do, not necessarily to prep Addy, but so that she can be a "mommy" while we are adjusting to having the new little one in our home. I wanted to get Addy a baby doll so that she can feed and take care of her baby while mommy (and daddy) are feeding and taking care of our new baby. We bought her one this weekend and she is such a good little mommy!!!

She feeds the baby :) ....

Cuddles and loves the baby ....

And gives her baby lots of kisses!!!
She's going to be such a good big sister :)

****

I mentioned a few posts back that we had both cribs up in the nursery. We now have the bedding and bumper, so I thought I'd share a picture. Obviously the cribs aren't identical, but that is okay!


Addy's crib is on the right, the baby's on the left. (He/she will be in our room for a little while before they actually start sharing a room)
We are officially waiting for this little bundle to arrive - less than 2 weeks until my due date. It was getting pretty nerve-racking around here trying to agree on a name, but I think we are getting it narrowed down! Any day now - WE ARE READY!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Addy will be a great big sister! What a little pumpkin!

Becky said...

That just melts my heart. Camby has a baby and it makes noise when you push on the belly so she puts it up to her shoulder and pats its back...so cute! From the looks and sounds of it Addy is going to be a great big sister and help. Your nursery brings back memories from when the boys were little. GOod luck with everything :)