Monday, October 25, 2010

Blake's Birthday :)



I'm finally getting around to sharing our little guy with everyone - and the story of his birth.  With the timing of events last week, it is so evident in my life that God is watching and has a reason/timing for everything :) I SOOOOO wanted to make it to my grandpa's services...but I also SOOOOO wanted to not have to be induced.  I am blessed that I was granted both of my wishes.

The day of my grandpa's funeral - I had a few contractions throughout the day that would catch me off guard, but hours would go on between contractions.  I figured I'd go in the next day to be induced, and that I'd be told I was already starting the labor process on my own.  Aaron and I went to bed that night around 10:30 - and we talked for a little bit.  I told him how much I wished I'd go into labor in the next few hours vs. having to get up and get induced...we finally fell asleep around 11/11:30.

I woke up about an hour later with a bad contraction, then dozed back off.  When I got woken again, I wasn't sure how long it had been since the last, but thought it hadn't been long.  So I stayed up and when a 3rd contraction came within 20 minutes, I figured I should wake Aaron.  Aaron starting recording the contractions, and my contractions went from 10 minutes, to 6, to 3 minutes within the first few he recorded.  After a few at 3 minutes apart, we were heading to the hospital!

We arrived around 1:30 a.m., I was dilated to 6 when we got there - requested an epidural and got it within the hour.  Seriously - epidurals are magic and I love them!  I progressed about a cm. per hour - and at 5 in the morning they broke my water.  At 6 I told them I thought it was time for me to push.  They said my body was ready (I was dilated to 10 and such) but that the baby's head was not down as far as they thought it should.  Long story short...they finally let me push to humor me, and basically one push later, Mr. Blake arrived, at 6:36 in the morning!!! 
First picture of mommy and son


The proud papa!


Addy meeting her little brother, leaning in for a kiss

Our new family of 4

Mr. Blake





We are HOME!

Addy peeking at her little brother and saying "hi" over and over and over!

Checking out Blake and waving. We have a step stool by him so she can look at him.

I have a picture of Addy almost exactly like this in the same sleeper :)
We are all doing well here - he's been basically sleeping, eating, and going to the bathroom since he was born.  And sleeping is his primary event right now.  Addalyn is really doing well with all that is going on.  She is DEEPLY concerned when he cries - she wants to help him and doesn't know how, so she often cries too.  It is amazing how motherly she is at only 16 months!

We are so happy to welcome Mr. Blake Aaron to our little family!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats Anderson family! I'm glad you were able to go on your own and that everything went so smoothly. He's perfect! Love you guys!!

Amy T. said...

This blog entry got me teary eyed! So happy for you. Addy looks so precious checking on her brother. Glad your delivery went so well. I see Addy was in GB attire?!?!?! :)

White said...

What a beautiful family, Blake is the perfect addition! Congratulations, we are so happy for you that you got both wishes.
Sent with love - amy and adam

Brooke said...

Great pictures Marissa! Hope all is going well. Addy looks like she is going to be a great big sister. Isn't it funny to see those motherly instincts kick in so quickly, very cute. Can't wait to meet your little guy! Congrats again! Love you guys!
-oh and I can't believe you only had to push once...lucky you!