Monday, December 13, 2010

18 Months!

Addalyn is officially 1 1/2 years old as of December 3rd --- she is quite the little girl with a huge personality!  She had to go to the dr last week to get her eyes checked (she had pink eye) and they ended up weighing her, she is 24 pounds.  I thought she would be more, she seems so much heavier since Blake's arrived :)  They didn't tell me what percentage that is for her.

Addy has a ton of words in her vocab right now.  I love it when she jabbers as if she is saying a full sentence while looking at me (or someone) and if you respond, she just keeps going.  Definitely quite the talker!

She loves Dora the Explorer right now - as well as Elmo (Sesame Street) and some shows on the Disney Channel.  She also LOOOOVES her brother.  If I had a picture for every time she went and gave him hugs and kisses, or said "hi" to him and got right in his face...they'd fill a lot of memory on our camera.  It is absolutely adorable to watch her love on her brother.  She also loves on her babies and her prized possession (her bear) the same way.  She changes diapers when I do and sometimes I'll notice her holding one of her babies or bear and rocking it like I do when Blake is crying and walking around.  She's started to put her bear to "sleep" in the swing, starts it up and turns on the music, puts a paci in his mouth, etc.  It's amazing what they pick up on.

We've had to start giving time-outs every once in a while.  Nothing major, but it has had to happen.  She actually walks right up to the wall and puts her head on it when I say the word Time Out.  Apparently when kids get in trouble at daycare, she stands next to them and "supports" them when they get their time-outs :)   If she is being "naughty" and I even mention a time-out (as a warning) she automatically walks to the wall...so I have to basically wait to use the word until she needs to go into a time-out, otherwise she automatically goes before she actually has to!  Silly girl :)

She has also started to show interest in the potty, but I don't think anything will really happen for a while.  She's asked to sit on it a couple of times and we've had success on it, but I think it is just coincidence!  My daycare was saying the average age these days is 3, so I'm not preparing myself for anything exciting in that department for some time still.

I'm really loving being home with her and watching her change and develop.  I"m so going to miss my days with her when I'm back at work --- it really is a great age to be home with.  I can't believe how big she is getting - definitely a little girl/toddler and not my baby any more - although she always will be our baby in our hearts :)
 
Trying to fit as much as she can in her stroller :)
  
Time-Out in session :)
  
Loving her Brother!
   
Cuddling with daddy & Blake after her bath
 
Potty Time! 

Addy was playing with her Memory game one day - picking up the cards and naming what was on them, so I started asking her what things were and she was really talkative...so I decided to record it (the video is below). 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the video and the fishy kisses! 18 mos is a fav age-learning something everyday. Enjoy your time home with her!!!

White said...

Great update! It sounds like everything is going very well at the Anderson household and I love the video! What a smart little girl you have! Happy holidays, I am sure they will be great this year!