I can't believe 2 months has already come and gone. This is going way too fast! Things are going really well with Blake. He has become a "readable" baby. I can typically tell if his cry means he's tired, hungry, etc., which is definitely nice to figure out.
He's a funny guy - he HATES to sit in a dirty diaper so he tells you typically right away if you haven't noticed that he went to the bathroom. Also - he absolutely LOVES to be upright and slowly bounced up and down. It's actually funny, he'll be fussing - and you start to hold him in a certain way, and he instantly calms...sometimes I test it and adjust him right away...then I get the most POUTY lower lip ever, so we reposition, and he calms again! He likes to be bounced up and down when you are holding him up out in front of you, not when he is resting on your legs/against you...so you get quite the arm workout. I'll have to take a video or get a pic of it soon.
As much as I am trying, we aren't really on a schedule quite yet, however, I am seeing progress. He is starting to go to sleep somewhere between 7:30 & 9 most nights, soon it'll be narrowed down to 8 like his sister. Also, he does eat pretty much every 4 hours, but has one long stretch at night (6 hours between feedings). Typically I am still getting up with him twice a night, however there has been a few nights where it is only once.
Like his sister was, he became a "bouncer baby" where that is where he is sleeping best (instead of his basinnett/crib). I'm wanting to transition him to the crib and in with Addy, but I have a feeling it isn't going to happen as soon as we planned. I was hoping for more consistency at night before bringing him in their room, and she definitely wakes up if she hears him at night, so I might wait longer than I had planned. We'll see. But I've also heard that kids get used to it rather quickly so maybe I should just put him in there, and in a few nights Addy will get used to it and stay sleeping...anyone have any experience with this??
I was really hoping for more consistency in his night schedule before heading back to work (or heck, I was thinking it'd be great if he was sleeping through the night!), but I'm seeing no signs of that and only have one more week off. Bummer!
Blake started smiling right around Thanksgiving, and I've finally gotten a few good shots. He is very choosy with sharing his smiles though!
Here are his stats for 2 months:
Length - 23 1/4 inches (77%)
Weight - 11.4 pounds (46%)
Head - 14 3/4 inches (52%)
| My Handsome Man |
| Smiling at his daddy! |
| Oh my goodness daddy, that is too funny! |
| Sibling Love! |
| My Little Man! |
1 comment:
Love the pictures! They are both so precious. Enjoy your last week of leave, looking forward to Skyping!
Post a Comment