Monday, November 7, 2011

1/2 Marathon and First Birthday!!!!

On Blake's actual birthday (10/22) we had an eventful day.  I ran my 3rd half marathon :)  I had a goal to do another one on/around my 30th birthday...which occurred in September.  I convinced my sister Angela to do it with me - and also was happy to put a bug into Tammy and Ed's ear (Aaron's sister/brother-in-law) and they joined us too. 

It was sooooo good to have them here for the weekend.  The time always goes too fast, and we never get to see everyone from Michigan often enough.  We are so glad you guys made the trip!

My sister and I before we left the hotel in the morning.  I tried to get Tammy and Ed in this but they weren't feeling it :)  I thought I'd grab a group one afterwards, but we were so focused on getting warmed up and food, etc that it never even occurred to me that we didn't get another one until I was looking at my camera later.  Bummer!
The race itself went good.  Not my best half...not my worst.  I was a little over 2 hours officially (2:02 to be exact).  However - I've mapped the course a few times now and every time I've looked at it...the total mileage says 13.5 miles instead of 13.1...and if that was the case, than I did actually run the distance of a half marathon (13.1) in less than 2 hours.  So whoo hoo to that if it's the case!  Who knows!

My "sisters" rocked it!  Ang was around 1:54 and Tammy around 1:45.  Ed wasn't far after me but I don't remember his exact time. 

Of course...we all kicked butt because we had THE CUTEST CHEERLEADERS EVER!!!! 


Who wouldn't be motived by this sweetness? 
 Funny story about our little cheerleader though...after getting in and out of the car a few times, they went to get out and watch us run again and Addy, who was all "Go Go Go!" at the beginning said, "I don't wanna watch mommy run anymore".  The poor girl was over it and ready to be home, she probably wanted to watch Dora or something :) 


None of us are in this picture...but I didnt' think anyone would like the pictures I have of them running, so just sharing one of the runners in general from my camera!

Blake's Sign...and my bib - I had to do a shout out to my little buddy!
After the race was over, we went to Applebee's before we headed out of Mankato to our house for the remainder of the weekend.  Blake got the "Applebee's Birthday Song" sung to him....which he wasn't so sure what to think about all this clapping and cheering going on around him...but Addy loved it!  Then he got his first treat of the day!
Loving his birthday Sundae
Forget the spoon, just give me that thing!!!  (we took it away after we got the shot with our camera!)
We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing with Tammy and Ed and having our first celebration for Blake's birthday. 
Blake's new toy...he loves his "boy toys!" that he got for his birthday
Part of Grandpa Lowell's gift...he has an adorable camo shirt/overalls to match the hat.  At first Blake would always take his hat off, but now he wears it around for a good amount of time.  He's so cute in it...I have to upload more pics with his hat!
Addy loves giggling with auntie Tammy and uncle Eddie.  I love this moment I captured...Ed was just laying there relaxing, and Tammy went to lay with him, so of course Addy had to join too :)
  Blake LOVED it when we sang Happy Birthday to him...and he LOVED his cake too :)


Just about to really dig in..........
The end result - I think that look says "sugar coma" --- ha ha!

I think Blake had a wonderful first birthday.  We had his official birthday party the following weekend also -- more to come on that! 

I can't believe one year has come and gone since we were blessed with Mr. Blake.  He is such a wonderful little man. 

To my Blaker Boy - I love you so much and can not wait to see what life has in store for you.  You're hugs and cuddles melt my heart on a daily basis.  I hope you always want to cuddle w/ your mama! ......love you forever....Mommy <3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And..................the next day I discovered I have a future track star on my hands :)

Go Addy Go!

No comments: