Blake's 1st birthday party was Pumpkin themed. I had made invites with a picture of him as a newborn in a pumpkin and one from this fall at the pumpkin patch on them and said "Our Little Pumpkin is Turning One" - theY turned out super cute!!!
I'll do most of this post via pictures because there are a lot, but to sum it up - it was a great success! We had lots of orange, brown, and green decor to make it festive, some pumpkins sitting around and of course an awesome cake (pics below!). I wasn't very good at getting pictures before the party like a usually do...bummer!
 |
| Blake right when the party started...playing. He is so good about wearing his hat and we had put it on him that night since it was a birthday gift! |
 |
| Time to Open Presents! |
 |
| I have a similar pic of Addy on her first birthday swigging some milk! |
He wasn't so in to opening presents so I did most of the opening. He did like to play with what he got though! Also, I was proud of our little Addy because she sat right next to me and watched so patiently and go so excited about his gifts, but she never tried to open them herself so we never had a "battle" about them not being hers. What a good girl!
 |
| Playing with one of his presents....see Addy right next to us. I think the fact she had a Starburst from her goodie bag to work on helped with her distraction! |
 |
| Done with gifts...playing before cake! |
 |
| The main cake! I had also made pumpkin cupcakes to match (no faces, just stems). DELICIOUS! |
 |
| Singing Happy Birthday! |
 |
| First bites of the Mess - we stripped him down to a diaper before we even gave him his cake! |
 |
| The Mess --- ha ha, I love it! |
After we got him cleaned up, we realized we forgot to give Blake his present from us when we were opening gifts :) So, we grabbed that from the garage!
 |
| Blake's Chair that Aaron Made! We made the same one for Addy for her 1st birthday in girly colors. The only thing missing is his name - it is on order! |
The birthday party was great - he had so much fun and loves all of his gifts. He plays with them all, which is so fun to see...they are all boy toys and he pushes cars around...makes noise with all the buttons, and just enjoys himself.
 |
| I think this picture says -- "Great Birthday Party Guys -- THANKS!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment