Before I write this post...there are about 5 other ones I completed today so check them all out!
*****
2013 has been a busy year for us so far - and we aren't even half way through. I'll take you through it to bring you up to date!
January - Aaron started spending almost all of his weekends at the house starting late January - he finished our bonus room up to drywall along side the contractors. Once that was done, it was time to start tiling, which brought us into February.
February - Aaron starts tiling and working even longer hours at the house! I swear we didn't see him on the weekends! He was there until sometimes 2 in the morning - up against deadlines so he wouldn't slow down the contractors. This continued through most of March until we moved in...
In the meantime, both of our lives got busier at work. After being unemployed beginning in September, 2011 & having a job as a lab tech last summer, the company kept him on full-time and he is now a Project Manager/Estimator for Rochester Sand & Gravel. Utilizing his construction management degree with a new focus - roads vs. structures! This is Blessing #1 of 2013!
I also started a new job in February - I was promoted to a Physician/Scientist Recruiter. Learning a new role at such a large company like the Mayo Clinic sometimes feels like you are starting all over at a new company, but I am slowly getting the hang of things. Blessing #2!
March - We closed on our home on 3/29 making Easter weekend a busy one --- getting all the stuff out of storage and starting to find it's place in the home...but we managed to make it to Easter with Aaron's mom on Sunday. My parents have not had our family's celebration yet...so much going on that we will spend time as a family together next weekend! Blessing #3 - our new home!
That brings us to now. I'm excited to share that the largest and most important blessing of the year is yet to come - as we are EXPECTING! Scheduled to arrive on 10 - THIRTEENTH - 20-THIRTEEN, (October 13th, 2013) we will welcome our 3rd child to our family. Blessing #4, but most definitely not the least!
So, some people may think 13 is not a good number - but the Lord is telling me, it's not half bad!
As I sit in my new home, finally having the time to blog - I can't even put into words what I feel for all that has happened to us in the last few months. To look back over a year and a half, not sure where life would lead us, it is truly settling in my heart to be here -- with my kids in the kitchen (fighting over something silly), the weather is lousy but it makes a great day to be inside and blog (while my hubby watches the Masters on TV --- boring!)....
Words can't describe the feeling, but we'll just say this...LIFE IS GOOD!
Hugs and Love to all that are still checking in on us from time to time! Hope you are all well also and enjoying life in 2013 :)
I can't promise I'll blog more frequently, but I'm still here and not giving up!
2 comments:
Awesome!!! Congratulations!!! Babies are such a blessing!!
Just caught up on 2013! What a great year so far for you! Lots of new and exciting things. It will be so nice to have such a nice home to make even more memories and the biggest congrats on your new baby!!!
Post a Comment