Sunday, April 14, 2013

Miss Addy & Daddy Learn to Skate!

I mentioned in an earlier post that Addalyn got skates from her papa Lowell for Christmas...she was a natural right away on the ice!  My parents (dad) floods an ice rink in their backyard each winter, so we had a nice quiet --- unintimidating place --- for Addy to learn!
 
 
When I was little, my parents taught me and my sisters how to skate the same way we did Addy --- in our yard, pushing around the same bear chair!!  My dad made these chairs when my sister was born, and we've all learned how to skate by pushing them around!
 

Aaron decided to use some of his Christmas money to buy himself a pair of skates also!  So, he was learning the same time Addy was (apparently it had been since he was like 10 or 12 since he had last skated!)

Daddy pushing a chair around to learn also :)


They caught on quickly....and before we knew it, Addy was ready to let go of the chair and try skating on her own!

My brave girl, ready to skate! 
 I was soooooo excited at how well she did!  Not going to lie, I had tears.  Skating is definitely a part  of my childhood winters...so I hope that I will get to continue and have it be the same for my kiddos. 
Skating to mama!

The new skaters of the fam :)

Skating Pros -- doing a little pose for the camera!
"People don't notice whether it is winter or summer when they are happy."

No comments: