Sunday, July 21, 2013

Addy Jane @ 4 years Old

Addalyn definitely keeps me on  my toes at 4 years old.  In a good way!  She is a very smart little girl so you can't get much by her.  She is listening to EVERYTHING you are saying and she will correct you if she thinks you are wrong. 

She LOVES to sing and listen to music in the car -- she enjoys being outside -- she loves playing with her little bro -- likes to play with her dolls, barbies, and princesses, but yet she'll play with Blake's trucks just as easy.  She actually chose a play gun as a prize at the Duck Pond Game in June, copying her brother.  That cracked me up! 

She got these flowers from a boy at the gas station :)
 She is "Miss Literal"....just like her daddy.  You can't say anything without them correcting you...even if they knew what you meant.  For example, the other day I told her to go upstairs and take a bath with daddy ---- of course meaning that he was going to help her and Blake in the bath while I did some things downstairs.  However - she giggled at me and said "daddy's not going to take a bath!"  She corrects me on things in this sort of way all the time.

I wish you could hear Aaron - because he does the exact same thing!  Even when they know what I mean :) 

Wearing daddy's work boots!
 She is my GIRLY GIRL!!  She will choose a skirt or dress to wear 9 days out of 10.  And, if she did choose a short/pant outfit, it is probably because it fit better with what she was doing that day. 

For example, she has a pair of athletic shorts/tank that look like what I would call a running outfit...it is the type of stuff that I wear running.  The other day, she chose that outfit, because we were going to a track meet for kiddos to participate in that night...so of course she had to wear the part, rather than a dress :)

Other than for occasions such as that, you will likely find her in a skirt or dress no matter what we are doing!

She also wants her hair down all the time.  I always want to have it up since she plays so hard and has longer, wavy hair, but she wants it down daily.  We typically compromise with a side braid, which lets me get her hair out of her face.

The outfit she chose to wear to her 4-year well-child check up...the same one she wore to a wedding earlier this summer.  Why not??!!!  She definitely got lots of compliments on her outfit at the doctor's!

For the most part, I would say that Addy is still a daddy's girl.  She just loves it when her daddy is coming home!  The way that our house is set up, we can see the cars turning up the road before coming to our house from the back....and she always looks for him and likes to announce when he is home!  Then she usually runs to meet him at the garage. 

They have a special bond that I love. 

Hanging out with daddy one day, he captured this picture on his phone.
We definitely have a good relationship as well.  She likes to do things with me like crafts, baking, and shopping.  I think that as we get older, we'll spend lots of time together doing some "girl things" --- especially if this little one that will come in October is a boy.  We'll have to stick together being the girls of the house, LOL.

Me and Addy on Mother's Day (she chose this dress that day as well...it was like 40 degrees out but she insisted).  The sticker I am wearing says "Best Mom Ever".  It came in my Barbie card from her!


I would say that Addalyn likes to do things that make her "big".  Like exercise, read, color, she tries to write words all the time, and really wants to do all of the things her bigger cousins do, or anyone older.  She loves to play with the older girls in the neighborhood.  Jordyn and McKenna are her babysitter, and she loves to go to their house.  They will have her over and play with her for a bit before I go get her, which is sooooo nice of them because they are in 5th and 7th grade :) 

Exercising with mama!
Doing her exercises....that is what she calls the Wii.  She'll say, "Dad, can I please exercise" when she wants to play the Wii".  What a goof!
In August Addy will start going to another daycare 2 days a week...one that is here in Pine Island.  She'll be doing that so in the fall she can go to preschool during the day here while we are at work.  Depending on how she does, she will then start kindergarten next fall.  We'll see!  It's crazy to think it is already that time of her life where we are thinking about school.  I get nervous....once she starts that, she'll never just "play all day" like you can at the age of 4!

Addy is also sooooooo ready to be a big sister to a little baby.  I plan on updating about that when I do a post on my pregnancy, but it definitely needs to be mentioned here.  She really is a great big sis to Blake - even if they are pretty close in age, she always tries to be a bit "motherly" to him -- so I can just imagine how she will be with the third!

It is so much fun to watch Addalyn grow.  I'm loving every stage of her life and can't wait to see what the future has in store with this girl.  She's such a sweet-heart!

No comments: