Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's a Barbie Party!

We celebrated Addy's birthday on June 2nd.  Addy went back and forth about what type of birthday party she wanted...Doc McStuffins, Princess, Dora (she still likes this show!), a "flower" party...she kept changing her mind!  So, finally the Thursday before her party, I took her to a party store and had her choose some plates and such ----- she decided to go with a Barbie themed party.  Sort've funny, that one wasn't even in her list of choices until the store :)

4 years old!
 We had her party on a Sunday afternoon.  My parents, sisters and their families made it as well as Aaron's mom Jean.  It was a nice sunny afternoon, and the party was a big success!




 Addy got lots of craft-like presents (Doc McStuffins paints, coloring book, etc)...and books, movies, toys for outside.  She got a scooter from me and Aaron, which she has fun playing with in our driveway.

Testing out her new scooter!
Daddy trying out her new scooter...I guess we know where she gets her goofiness from!

My goofy girl!
 Funny side story - Aaron told all of Addy's cousins that he would pay them 1 cent for every rock they picked up in our yard (we had a TON of rocks in our yard that we needed to get rid of before we could work on landscape).  The kiddos were ALLLLLL about that and they spent most of the time in between presents, supper, and cake outside digging up rocks.

They got pretty intense...the older girls picked up over 300 rocks each and the boys probably did over 100.  Aaron had to run to the store to get some cash for them from the ATM to stick true to his word!

Rock Picking :)
 Like I do every year...I made Addy's cake.  I always stress out over it being perfect, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I loooooove taking the time to design the cake in my head and figure out how to make it come together. 

Addy's 4!  Barbie Cake :)

Singing to the birthday girl :)

Her little bro approved of the cake :)
 I CAN NOT believe how quickly 4 years has come and gone since miss Addalyn Jane was born.  She is such a joy to have in our lives.   I sure do love her to the moon and back - a million, zillion, trillion times! (something that I say to her EVERY night when I tuck her in!)

1 comment:

Amy T. said...

Love her dress, so cute!!!