Monday, July 22, 2013

Blaker-boy at 2 & 1/2

So many different words run through my head when I think about describing my boy at 2 ½ years old. 

Sweet – he still is my cuddler – and with those big blue eyes and long lashes, he melts most people’s heart pretty quickly!  My friend Holly’s husband made the comment about how sweet Blake is and that with the way he looks at you – Eric was pretty sure he’d do anything Blake would ask him to do :). 

I joke often, but have heard it from others too --- that he’s going to have lots of girls crushing on him if he keeps this up!  With those lashes and those looks  ---- AND the fact that he is a cuddler -----that’s a girls’ “dream guy" right there!

My sweet man!
Goofball – this kid cracks me up on a daily basis.  Him and Addy do some pretty silly things together and he is constantly giggling at her, himself, or me.  He loves to laugh – that is for sure.  And this kid has got the best laugh – it comes straight from the gut.  I can never get a good video of it, because usually I am too late, but you just have to trust me…

…if you need a pick me up in your day, you can come on over – if you get a laugh out of Blake, it is guaranteed that you will smile, no matter how crappy you may feel!

Goofball!  Wearing mama's sandals...I have an even better picture of him the other day sneaking out of my room in just his diaper and my strappy silver sandals I just wore for a wedding last month...but I'll spare him that embarassment going on the internet :)

Copy-cat – Blake pretty much copies EVERYTHING that Addy says.  Half the time, he may not even know what he is saying, like “I want to wear a dress today”, but if Addy says it, guaranteed that Blake will say it about 2 seconds later. 

Our conversations at dinner go around the table where Addy says something or asks me something – I answer.  Blake says or asks the same thing – I answer.  Then Addy says “Blake, why do you always copy me” and I say “It’s because he loooooves YOU!”  In which she says, “No, that’s not why…”

…and we repeat typically a few times each evening J

Jean said it best the other day when she called him a Mocking Bird



In regards to vocabulary – he actually is really starting to take off.  He says lots of sentences these days, so I couldn’t even begin to list what words he all knows.  One thing I have noticed is that he will say more of a ‘g’ or ‘k’ sound for some t-word.  For example, a duck is a guck.  He does that with other words too.  I’m sure it is something he’ll outgrow.
BOY – this kids LOOOOVES to be a boy…get dirty, do work outside with daddy…he is all about it!  I would say he is a good mixture though – he does love to do things with me like bake, sing, etc.  But, he also doesn’t have as much interest in crafts as Addy does or ever did.  Our daycare Julie mentions that too, because they do a craft almost every day, but most of the time, you can tell he wasn’t as interested in it as the others based on the end result! 
Helping Daddy with our landscape outside


Being a landscaper worker comes with a price...he got a sore finger that he is holding up here ( look at those eyes though....seriously melts this mama!)
Inspecting the healing of his sore finger...
Ouch!  A landscape block fell on this finger and OMG did it look like it hurt.   I feel like an "owie" like this is something boys get...or guys!

Those are just a few of the words that come to mind when I think of my Blaker-boy.  He is growing up all to quickly.  I still think of him as my baby, but then I realize he is well beyond those years, approaching the end of his toddler years (sigh) and before we know it…this kid will be in preschool and kindergarten too!

He isn’t completely potty-trained yet, but he definitely is getting the concept.  I haven’t pushed it too hard yet, but I think we will be doing that soon.  When we run out of diapers for him, I don’t think I’m going to get anymore.  He will go to the bathroom on the toilet when we ask him, and has even started to tell us sometimes that he has to go.  So --- he’s starting to be ready to work it into his routine :)

Blake has pretty much always loved his bath, and still does.  He actually asks to take one almost every night, and if I’d let him – he’d be a prune each and every time!

Swimming in the tub!
 Speaking of night time, it has to be mentioned that Blake is a STINKER at bed time!  He does NOT want to go to bed.  I think he thinks we party hard after bed…because he asks me if I’m going to go the park, or his new thing of asking me if I’m going to go dancing when I am tucking him in.  What a goof!  The majority of the nights, he comes out several times, and my patience wears thinner with each time I have to walk those stairs and put him in bed.  Usually, he ends up sad and stays in bed…but I hate that he has to get scolded each night.  We try and lay with him for a bit, talk with him and have him settle down – but I refuse to wait for him to fall asleep.  He needs to be able to fall asleep on his own…but OMG what a stinker this kid can be. 
He’s pretty persistent – I have no idea if this is a trait of mine or Aaron’s as a child, but I do know, I can’t wait for the stage of fighting bedtime to be over with :)
I would say that Blake is somewhat of a mama’s boy – if I had to have him ‘tagged’ as either a mama or daddy’s boy.  Although, it really does seem to depend on the day.  I get the BEST greeting every night when I pick him up.   A huge - huge - smile, him running to me yelling “mama” and then when I pick him up he hugs right into me. 
Best. Feeling. Ever.
There is still a debate on who Blake looks like.  I see both of us in him.  There are some pictures of me when I’m little, and you can’t deny that we have some of the same “looks” – but I know that when we are in MI, we basically here that he is Aaron all over again.  So, who knows!!!!

I sure do love this little man!

No comments: