Monday, July 22, 2013

Maternity Thus Far ----- up to 28 weeks!

Well, I didn’t mean to not do a pregnancy update until 28 weeks…that’s for sure.  I have had it on my ‘to do’ list since probably about 16 or 20 weeks of pregnancy.  As you can tell – life is in fast forward over here in MN.  I’m trying to get it to slow down, but apparently time doesn’t listen to me J


Things have been going pretty good with my pregnancy.  For the first trimester – and even well into the 2nd – I was still feeling rounds of nausea in the morning.  With being the the one home to get the kids and myself going for the day, I’d be lying to say it was all smooth sailing.  There were days I wanted to crawl back into bed.  But duty calls --- life calls so I had to make it through the mornings some how!



Around 16 weeks

I’ve been feeling better for about a month and ½ now…but still have my moments.  I know to keep a base of food in my stomach, that always seems to help!

I’ve been staying more active with this pregnancy than the other 2.  I was the Matron of Honor in a wedding in June, and I know that was a huge motivator for me!  I even continued to run a bit…but I’m done running now until the baby comes.  I still do zumba when my schedule allows, and make it to the gym at work when my schedule lets me, or if I feel up for it. 


I had my glucose test a few weeks back – all is well there!  I was actually nervous about that for a bit, because I would notice some dizziness when I would get hungry.  But, I think the contributor of dizziness was fluids, so I’m trying hard to keep up on my water intake…boring!  I get sick of water really easily, so I’ve been keeping those crystal lights packets in my desk at work.  It’s funny, not pregnant, water doesn’t really bother me.  But sometimes I think it is ‘gross’ tasting these days…which isn’t good!

22 Weeks
I go back and forth on what I think this baby will be – boy or girl?!!  There are certain things that I remember happening with Addy’s pregnancy – like the nausea, and I had a craving for orange juice earlier in both pregnancies.  But then, there are some things with Blake too, like the way I am carrying.  Most people tell me that I am having a boy…I guess we will see.  I go back and forth so this is a true mystery!

--

We haven’t really talked about names a whole lot – other than tossing out ones that have been on our list for boys and girls since I was first pregnant with Addy.  There is a name for each gender that has been on our list before that still sticks out in my head (and I think Aaron’s) – so right now, that is what I imagine the name for this baby to be.  But, I think we still need to do our research and give other names a consideration before finalizing that!


A common question I actually get asked is if our third child’s name will be a “C” name.  The fact that our kids names start at the beginning of the alphabet and go in order – is PURE coincidence.  Ironically, one name that often rises to the top does start with a “C”.  But, it isn’t because of the letter it starts with J 

We haven’t started working on the baby’s room and probably won’t until about the time the baby arrives.  We have a bonus room over the garage that will be finished.  It is HUGE – so it’ll be that and also have a spare bedroom in it as well.  Both Addy and Blake were in our room for the first 3 months of their lives…and they were just across the hall from us!


So, knowing that the baby’s room is upstairs, I’m sure he/she will be in our room for at least the first 3 months also, which is why I’m trying to make myself remain calm when I think of trying to complete it.  Aaron’s schedule in the summer is through the roof, so I can’t even imagine him taking on this project until it slows down a bit anyway (he works EVERY Saturday and most weekdays he is at work by 6 a.m. or soon and not home until 7 p.m. or later…EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.).

--

One change that we did make in preparation for the baby already is purchasing a new vehicle.  I went back and forth between a van and other options.  I wanted a van for the convenience factor – but I really ---- really ----- couldn’t see myself in a van so I was hesitant.  After talking it through with Aaron, and realizing the only reason I really wanted a van was for our trips to MI and the Cabin – we decided to go with a different vehicle.  If push comes to shove, we can purchase a carrier for on top of the vehicle of we need it!

We ended up with a 2012 Chevy Traverse --- and I loooove it!  We had the option to do a bench or bucket seats in the 2nd row, and we went with a bench.  It is wide enough that all 3 will fit across there, and that means the 3rd row is folded down – allowing us more cargo space for the time being.  As the kids grow, we’ll have room for friends in the car with us and such – so it feels like a good choice for me!

My New Ride!

Side note----- I felt like a complete rock-star because I did all of the work to purchase our new vehicle. The research before I started to talk to a sales rep, and then I did some “dealing” on this car and got them to come down in the price, figured out the logistics of loans and what we wanted to finance, etc…and purchased the car all by my BIG GIRL SELF! Aaron was working so it was all me. He test drove the car because they allowed me to take it over night since he couldn’t meet me during the day to check it out…so he DID help with the decision. But I felt pretty proud of myself for handling as much of I did with that!
__

I must say, the most favorite part of this pregnancy for me is watching it happen through Addy and Blake’s eyes.  But especially through Addy’s eyes – because she is more aware of what is going on.  Blake talks about the baby in my tummy, but I truly think it is because he is picking up on what Addy is saying, more so than just because he has comprehended it on his own. 

Addy will often ask to feel my tummy, and she loooves feeling the baby move.  The sweetest question she asked me was if the baby was wearing shoes in there…when we were talking about the baby kicking me.  She got a good laugh when I told her, that not only was the baby not wearing shoes right now...but he was NAKED in my belly.  She giggled for a bit! 

I have to assure her it doesn’t hurt (and that it is okay for the baby to kick – but not her!).  She also will randomly glance at me, pat my belly and tell me “your tummy is getting bigger, mama” ----- and let me say here right now she’s the only person that can say that to me and it is endearing and sweet…so you may as well not try agreeing with her!


The following pictures are my pregnancy through the eyes of Addy (who looooves to take pictures on our phones!):


Not sure when this was taken!
25 weeks
27 weeks
 She asks me questions like about where the baby will ride in the car and such.  But she also asks what she gets to teach the baby.  We’ll talk about her teaching the baby to crawl, walk, talk, dance, etc…and she’ll ask for more.  “What else can I teach the baby”?  So fun!


Blake does the same, he asks to touch my belly at night when we are getting tucked in for bed, and will kiss my belly.  But, he obviously doesn’t ask as many questions or isn’t very observant beyond that. 

28 weeks
Slowly but surely, we are all getting ready for this new bundle of joy!  I can’t wait to meet this little person and see how they will grow our family and mold us into our new normal with a family of 5!

No comments: