Thursday, September 19, 2013

36 Weeks...and R-E-A-D-Y!


As of this last Sunday (9/15) I was 36 weeks...and I'm definitely ready for this baby to come!!!  This summer has been a busy and sometimes an emotional one (isn't it always when you are pregnant!), so I am ready to just be home with my kids for my 12 weeks of leave!  We are in-between daycares right now - so Addy and Blake are at a few different places a week until I am on leave...so I'm ready for them to have some consistency again and just be home with me for a bit!
 
The good news with daycare - we will be starting a new one here in Pine Island after my maternity leave - one that can take all THREE of my kiddos!  It should be a good change, once we get there!
 
I would say this pregnancy has been physically harder for me than the other 2. I think it is because of the kiddos age and I just don't allow myself to rest as much as I did with the other pregnancies. I have had a lot more pain (my sciatic nerve???) that makes me feel uncomfortable a lot. That has been on and off since July. But, as I get bigger, I notice it more!

That being said - I do still really enjoy being pregnant as a whole - those baby moves will get me every time!
 
A birthday baby pose!  (My b-day was on 9/10, so I was 35 weeks/2 days in this pic)
This past Sunday we finally had the opportunity to go through the stuff we've had in our basement and get that organized - which means this mama got to put her nesting needs into full effect!  I was able to locate all our neutral baby clothes and blankets and all the newborn essentials.  They are now washed, folded, and waiting :) 

Addy had a BLAST looking at all the tiny baby clothes and was just loving helping fold and put the items away.  For now, we have the dresser for the baby in our walk-in closet, and the pack-and-play in our room as the bassinet.

We need to finish the bonus room which will be the baby's room + spare bedroom combination - because it is just too big to have occupied by one little being!  Plus, it'll be good to have a place for guests to sleep since we don't plan on finishing our basement right away.  When we have guests, we will have the baby sleep in our room, and with their older siblings as they get bigger. 

Finishing that room will be a winter project for Aaron when work slows down.  Both Addy and Blake were in our room until they were about 3 months old, so it'll work out just fine to finish it throughout the winter (all it needs is trim, paint, and carpet...it is drywalled and taped, etc and electrical is already done). 

I had an appointment yesterday, and all is looking fine.  The baby's heart-rate was in the mid 150s.  It has been that and 140s for most of the pregnancy.  I actually don't have very many appointments this time around - my last one was at 30 weeks, and I will have one 2 weeks from now and then 2 weeks after that...then I will be officially overdue if I make it that far!

My hopes is to not go over this time around (but I'm really not getting my hopes up, I don't have a good record with that)....and if did go over, my wish would for it the baby to be born on 10/16.  You may recall my Grandpa Paul passed away when I was already overdue with Blake...and the anniversary of his death is that day.  I like the idea of the Circle of Life, and think it would be neat to have that date be a birthday.

With that, and the fact that I could go as far as 10/23 if I have to be induced...and I really don't want Blake and this baby to share a birthday (which is 10/22)...I'd like to have the babe before that. 

PLUS --- it is MEA weekend starting on 10/16 (MN Education Association) which means all schools are closed - so I know my family is available to help out with the kiddos if I were in the hospital!!!!

Add all of that up and I'd rather just have the baby the week of my due date (which is the 13th!)

I go back and forth with how I am carrying and feeling and if this is a boy or girl.  Strangers love to tell me all of the time that it is a boy.  So I guess we will see!  Well, that about sums up the happenings for this pregnancy right now...hopefully we'll have some exciting posts coming soon :)

No comments: