Thursday, September 19, 2013

School Days...it's starting!

Addy started what is called "School Readiness" at school on September 10th.  It's preschool as the world knows it :)
 
She was so excited to start school! 
 
The weekend before it started, I took her to Shopko to get her school supplies.  Thank goodness I went there instead of a place like Target.  The shelves were picked over, which was good in my opinion because she had a hard enough time choosing her items as it was!!
 
I am in T-R-O-U-B-L-E as this girl gets older....she had to match her backpack, her notebook, and her folder, etc.  We spent a lot of time in the school aisle.  Thank goodness she had a small list...I don't know what we would've done if she had to have more folders and notebooks than 1 :)

Debating which folder to get.....decisions, decisions!
The school always has an Orientation/Transportation night for the Early Childhood programs, where they get to see the school, meet the teachers, and check out some cool vehicles.  We got there a bit late, so we only had time to tour the school bus - but the kids loved it. 
 
 
Addy and Blake on Transportation Night!
 
Addy actually rides the bus home from school right now to a friend of mine's house with her kids...I think she LOVES that she gets to do that...makes her feel "big"! She also loves that she is at the same school as her cousins - the other day she got to see Drew during his lunch and saw Brooklynn TWICE in one day -- and Brookie gave her a hug. That was probably the coolest thing about school so far :)
 
Of course we had to take the traditional first day of school pics...our porch would be the perfect spot for these but we were having some work done on it...so our driveway had to do!

Can you believe how big this kid is getting...SERIOUSLY!??
 
Even daddy was able to be home to see her off on her first day --- yeah to that!

My 1st baby...getting way too big!
 Her school is actually from noon to 3:00, so I carpool with 2 friends of mine/moms of some preschoolers.  Chelsea brought the girls to school on the first day:

Addy & Quincee on the first day waiting to go in to the halls of school :) 
She doesn't like to share a lot of details of what she did at school, she says "I don't know" when I ask what she did.  This actually cracks me up a lot, because I KNOW I totally did that to my parents.  I'd offer more details if they didn't ask.  On her first day, I learned more about what she did by eavesdroppoing on her telling my mom about her day (it was my b-day so my mom had stopped by in the evening!!)

The third mom that drives is my friend Amy, who's son Ryan is the same age as well.  She got to get the kiddos this past Tuesday.  I got this pic via a text that put a huge grin on my face:

My goofy girl, with her buds Ryan and Quincee
We've gone back and forth since the day Addy was born on when she'll start kindergarten.  She could go next year, the cut-off is you have to be 5 by September to start.  I get nervous having her young, but in all reality - this girl is SOOOO ready so unless her teachers advise us not to send her...she will be a kindergartener next year.  I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT!

It will be really good if she goes.  In our neighborhood, there will be 4 other kids that are kindergarteners next year.  And, at her new daycare, there will be 2 girls (Quincee being one of them) that are also going to be in kindergarten next year.  So, she already is on the way to knowing lots of peeps!

Addy is pretty social, which reminds me a lot of me.  We were leaving dance class the other night and as we were walkign to her car, she was yelling out bye to all of her friends that she just recently met...makes me happy that she is so friendly and outgoing!

She is has done awesome so far with school.  It makes me happy and sad all at the same time to be starting this time in our lives...why do they get big so fast??!!!!!!

No comments: