Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall Family Fun Day

Today was a nice fall day here in MN.  We first went around looking for Halloween costumes.  Addy wanted to be Strawberry Shortcake before we even left the house...so that was easy :)  Blake on the other hand had no idea what he wanted to be and every idea you gave him, he got excited about and said he wanted to be that!
 
He started off saying he wanted to be a bug...but then he went all over the board, and we went to 4 stores looking for a costume for him.  We settled on a Turtle - it is actually a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, but I'm pretty sure to Blake --- it is just a turtle :) 
 
After that we went to an Apple Orchard/Pumpkin Patch near our home to take some fall pictures, get out of the house, and of course get ourselves some pumpkins for some outside fall decor!

HOW TALL THIS FALL?!!!

 
Almost 3 1/2 feet!

 
It's probably the fact that Mr. Blake needs a haircut that makes him look taller than 3 feet, LOL!  He's got such thick, wavy hair :) 




We purchased some mums at the orchard also.  Given that we moved into our house in the spring, I haven't had any flowers so I am excited for this little bit of color, even if it is just for a month or so!  (Addy being a goof!)




 The place that we went to (Northwoods Orchard) also has a few animals...chickens/roosters, rabbits, and goats. 

Feeding the goats!

 After we walked around for a bit, we went and grabbed a snack (apples w/ caramel and popcorn), then we purchased our items and bought tickets to go on a wagon ride!

Picking out our pumpkins!
What a goof! We tried to tell Addy that we didn't need this little pumpkin...but she said -- with a pout on her face --- "But mommy & daaaaaaddy, this pumpkin needs a good home because it doesn't have a family".

Where does she come up with this stuff??!!! Well, we ended up purchasing this tiny little pumpkin. We are suckers!

 WAGON RIDE TIME!


 

 
Enjoying the ride :)
 
All smiles...
More fun pics!
 
 

And...because who knows how much longer I'll be pregnant...

38 weeks on the dot...2 more weeks and counting!
I really go back and forth on if this is a boy or a girl.  I have cankles like I did when I was pregnant with Addy --- and to me I feel bigger than I did with Blake...more like I felt when I was pregnant with Addalyn.  However, there are definite things that make me think boy as well -- one being the fact that EVERYONE tells me that is what I am having...I am so glad we will know soon!
 
As of tonight, I am also packed for the hospital stay with the exception of last minute things...this week at work I have a just a few meetings and final details to take care of...and then I'll feel comfortable walking away at the end of the week if I don't go back for 3 months!  I know my track record says I'll be working for 3 more weeks...but here's to wishful thinking!
 
I'm really uncomfortable most days...but try to keep telling myself to enjoy this --- it may be the last few weeks of me ever being pregnant so I am trying to go with the flow as much as possible!
 
 
***
 
 
Thanks everyone who has kept my cousin Zack in your thoughts and prayers.  The love has been felt, that's for sure!

No comments: