As of 2:30 today we have FINALLY found our daycare provider! I feel so stress free right now, you have NOOOO idea! Sooo...after scheduling 8 meetings total, and only actually attending 3 of them, I am DONE!
It has been such an interesting journey for us. We actually got stood up again this week! Seriously :) Aaron's been super busy working on the basement so I told him that I'd go to the interview on my own this past Wednesday, and if I really liked her, than we could set up a time for them to meet...well I drive up to the house and it was the exact same situation as the last time - pitch black house...no one answering...etc. I was like you've got to be KIDDING me! After calling Aaron and leaving a message, I called my sister Shannon and VENTED. There may have been a few nasty words flying out of my mouth because I was so frustrated. After being stood up twice, having 3 others cancel on us, I just was done keeping my cool!
Anyway, it's done! I'm very happy with who we found. Her name is Jessica & I could just tell as we were talking and going through everything that this was the place for Lil P! Aaron felt the same way! I wasn't sure if he did so I told her that we'd talk about it over the weekend and I would be in touch on Monday...but then Aaron sorta looked at me and smiled & said that we can do that, but he pretty much knows how the conversation will go. So right then and there, we told her that we wanted to go with her. Weight is lifted off my shoulders!
So - our Friday the 13th was not so jinxed, but everything leading up to it, daycare wise, was REALLY jinxed. THANK GOODNESS THAT'S DONE!
Aaron has been SO busy working on the basement. After a few late nights this week, Aaron got the plumbing, heating, electrical & framing inspections all passed this week and we have a crew over here tomorrow to sheet rock. My dad, Chad (bro-in-law), Paul (Aaron's step-dad) & a guy that Aaron works with. I just finished making their lunch for tomorrow and have confirmed with Aaron that we have enough beer for the crew! I know that beer will be essential to pay them back for the help they are giving us this weekend!
I'll have to take some pictures of the basement for you all to see :)
Happy Friday the 13th & Happy Valentine's Day!!!
2 comments:
Yeah! I am so happy that you found your daycare. What a huge relief off your shoulders! It sounds like you had a tough time, how frustrating getting stood up like that, especially so many times. I am glad that you both felt that this one was the "right" place. Going back to work is SO hard but it makes a world of a difference knowing that your little baby is in good hands.
Oh and we are also at the same stage with our basement. Brad has finished all the framing, electrical, etc. but is hiring a crew to come in tomorrow and start the dry wall. Hopefully the guys will be done with our basements before our little ones come!
Miss you guys!
I am so happy for you guys that you found the right person - I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been, but it sounds like it was worth all of the time and frustration! You two have so much going on - finishing the basement and getting ready for your new little family member - how exciting! I can't wait to see the basement pics too!
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment