Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Baby Shower #2

I have wonderful friends!! I had my second baby shower this weekend, put on by 4 of my closest friends: Becky & Brandi - very dear friends from high school, Rachel whom I've known since I was a baby because of our parents...and we were also roommates during college, & Jill - another roommate/friend from college :)

They thought of everything - great food, a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN (chocolate is my weakness), non-alcoholic mamosas, and Jill brought a beautiful corsage for me from her hometown! I had a great time and feel so lucky to have such great people in my life. The day was perfect - I got to see friends that I had not seen in a long time. Thanks to all my awesome friends! You guys are great! Thank you so much Jill, Rachel, Becks & Brands --- I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!

Me with the wonderful hostesses/planners: Becky, Brandi, Rachel & Jill :)



The beautiful Corsage! Check out my non-wedding ring on my left hand...I miss my ring!

A chocolate fountain...they had strawberries, pretzels, and marshmallows to dip in there - DELICIOUS!

Just sipping on a non-alcoholic mamosa!

"These are for...blah blah blah..." I'm such an expert on children's toys. Ha ha!

I got a little emotional opening this gift...the baby book I registered for. I have no idea why, but I started reading about the stuff that I could fill out now, like "The day we found out we were pregnant we...." & "We decided to tell the news by..." and all of a sudden I was crying!!

Brandi's mom made the quilt for the Little Poppy's crib which I am completely in love with! But she didn't just make that, she went CRAZY with accessories!!! I'm soooo in love with everything she made! Here's a list:
2 baskets (one is on my lap), a bag (by my leg), a book holder (to put a photo album in), a wall hanging that says "We made a wish & you came True", a diaper holder, a changing mat, and...drumroll...a pacifier holder!! I wasn't sure what this was when I opened it (I'm opening it in this picture). Aaron says if we have a girl, it can also be her little baby purse!


Brandi's mom is absolutely soooo talented. I am not even sure how to thank her for everything she made! Thanks Brenda! You're the best :)

Here is the beautiful quilt for the crib - it is so perfect for the room. I can't wait to get the room started (which will be within the next week or two - whooo hoooo!)

Here is the wall hanging I mentioned - I had to give it back to her so she can add the baby's name & stats once they are born!


Two of my friends that were at the shower - Kristin & Sara (and baby Nick). Kristin surprised me - she actually lives down south & I did not know she was in town. It just happened to work out for her to be around during the shower. I'm so happy she came!

***************************************************************

"A hug is worth a thousand words...a friend is worth more"

1 comment:

White said...

It looks like you had a really great shower, I would have loved to have been there! I saw some pics that Rachel put on facebook too!! The baby room gifts you got from Brandi's mom are adorable, what great heirlooms. Love you!