Tuesday, April 28, 2009

36 Weeks :)

Can you believe we are already at 36 weeks in my pregnancy? It seems crazy to think that within the next month (give or take a week or two) we could FINALLY meet this little one and introduce you all to him/her instead of associating with the baby as Little Poppy!! How exciting!

Things have been going really well here in Rochester...we are officially ready for the arrival (well, at least now the nursery is ready...we probably will never be "officially" ready 'cause we don't know what to expect!). The dresser ended up matching the crib quite perfectly, considering it wasn't a "set". So I'm happy about that.


The crib & dresser :)

Aaron continues to work on the basement...he had put mudding on hold for a bit so we could focus on the baby's room, but now he is back to completing that project. It is coming along nicely, and I think Aaron is happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel...for now :)

One of our spare bedrooms downstairs that is complete :)

We've also done some other projects around the house (on top of the basement work, of course!). My mom came over the other night and helped us FINALLY paint our bedroom. We've been in our home for over 2 years and (not to my approval) never got to painting our bedroom until last weekend. It looks AWESOME!


We also finished our prenatal classes last week, and have pre-registered for our stay @ Mayo Clinic when the baby is born. It's nice to have that out of the way too. We both actually enjoyed the class & thought each session went really quick, but it is nice to not have that on our calendars each Wednesday anymore.

Prenatal Graduates :) Whoo Hoo!
I think we are finally getting our names figured out. Our girls name has been the same forever...actually it's been figured out since before I was pregnant. It's a name that I've had in my head for years, and am just happy/lucky that husband happens to like it too! Boys names on the other hand...has been a bit stressfull. But, I think we are finally at a point where we can stop stressing about it a little. According to Aaron, the boys names don't matter as much...because he's convinced he's having a little girl. He's had 3 dreams so far that it's a girl. I on the other hand, HAVE NO CLUE!
.
We aren't keeping our names a secret, but for the sake of formerly introducing you all to our little one when he/she is born, I'm not going to share them on the blog. :) Sorry!!

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday (I go weekly now) and things are going well. The heartbeat is lower than it was for a while. It was in the 130s yesterday...but it had been hanging out right around 150. Sooo, to all of you "myth believers"...maybe its a boy???? I haven't felt any contractions that I am aware of yet, although based on the position of the baby, my dr thinks I probably have had some and just not felt them. Too bad I couldn't go through the entire delivery without feeling those contractions, huh?? :)
.

36 week picture...do you think I'll make it to 40 weeks for my next picture update? Crazy to think that is the next time I'll be taking a pic. Gives me butterflies in my stomach :)

4 comments:

Jennifer Mulvihill said...

All the rooms look great! All this work around the house...sounds like you're nesting!!

Amy said...

I can't believe the it is almost time! I love the nursery and the spare bedroom.

Rachel said...

The nursery and the rest of the house is looking great! Can't believe it's almost time....
I don't believe in myths anymore about heartbead, because we know we are having a girl and at our last appt. her heartbeat was 125, but has also been 162?

White said...

You look so cute!! I can't believe you are almost about to meet your new little one! Great job on the bedrooms too - they look so nice!