Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pregnancy Reflections

I was thinking the other day about all the things I was going to miss about being pregnant...and some of the things that I will happily leave behind. Thought I'd share some with you:

Things I'm Going to Miss

1 --- Feeling my baby move/kick me. It's like a little conversation between me and Little Poppy...our little secret. Especially when I'm at work or doing something where I'm really concentrating on a project - all of a sudden Lil P will say a quick "hello" to me & it zaps me back to reality of this little life that Aaron & I created and how precious life in general really is.

2 --- Aaron's eagerness to be a dad - and his absolutely adorable questions/concerns/general excitement that he voices to me. I know that his excitedness when the baby arrives will leave me just as amused, but I'm still going to miss his "pregnancy questions/comments" & eagerness!

3 --- All of my nieces innocent little comments about my pregnancy. I've had quite some
interesting conversations with all of my nieces at one point or another during the pregnancy. Some famous "niece quotes" that have stuck with me are:

"You have a big belly"
"Have you gone to the hospital yet?" (asked probably about 10 times now...where my response is always, "does it look like I've gone yet??"!)

"Now that we are done opening presents, we get to have cake which will make your belly even bigger!"

"So...how do you feel about your belly?" - with quite the emphasis on my feelings for this lovely bump I have!

4 --- Strangers - it is so amazing how people that don't even know you can be so excited for the upcoming journey that Aaron and I are about to take as parents.

Things I'm not Going to Miss

1 --- Wearing the same things over & over again - I was super excited to wear maternity clothes at first, and now I am so OVER that. I miss all of my other clothes - the good thing is they will all seem "new" to me again, so maybe I'll be able to contain my urge to shop for clothes for a little bit........just maybe......... :)

I'm sure there are other things that I am NOT going to miss...but really, it is all worth it to me. My #2 was going to be the fact that this baby TAKES OVER your body - they are definitely in control! From head to toe - all is affected by this little one!! But when it comes down to it, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, and hope that God blesses me with the opportunity to do it again since Aaron & I are hoping to have more than one child in our lives :)
***********************************************

"A mother's joy begins when new life is stirring inside... when a tiny heartbeat is heard for the very first time, and a playful kick reminds her that she is never alone."

-- Author Unknown

1 comment:

White said...

I can't believe it's almost time! Thank you for sharing the begining of your journey to parenthood - pretty soon this blog will be filled with pictures of your new little one! I can't wait!