Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Still Here...

I hope all of you moms & moms-to-be had a wonderful Mother's day :) Little Poppy gave me a very nice card thanking me for protecting him/her for the last 9 months & telling me how excited he/she is to meet me in the upcoming weeks. He/she also told me that they love me as much as their little heart can love somebody...what a sweet little baby I have already!

Not much has changed here. As of my last doctor's visit, I'm dilated a little over a centimeter, but I know I could be that way until I'm overdue & end up getting induced, so I'm not getting too excited about the news!

Every day when I walk into work at least 1 or more people say "you're still here, huh?" - now, I know that they are being nice & such and just making conversation, but given the fact that I could hear that for 2+ more weeks, its starting to get a little OLD! So, I'm taking this opportunity to apologize if I have EVER said that to anyone in their final weeks of pregnancy, 'cause I now know that comment can get very annoying to a pregnant woman!

I decided to take a 38 week pic since you never know when my last opportunity will be :)
.
Aaron continues to work on the basement. We painted the rest of it a few weeks back and now he's tiling. He always amazes me with his ideas...when we went to purchase the countertop for our bathroom, we realized that we would have to special order the size we wanted, and we really didn't want to have to wait for that to come in. Well, leave it to my talented husband to decide to make it himself instead! We got some granite tile & he made the countertop - it looks great so far! It hasn't been grouted yet or anything, but you can see how good it looks. So, we (well, HE) are still plugging away at the basement. The bathroom is ready for use as soon as he finishes the tiling...which he has been working on nightly. Lots of tile cutting and going up/down the stairs since he's cutting the tile in the garage, so that is getting a little exhausting to him!
.

Here's the countertop Aaron made :)

As for me, I continue to do what I can...I did help paint the basement when we did that, and last weekend I planted some annuals in our little flower garden we have. I feel bad that I am not much help in the basement, but I do what I can!

Our bags are packed & we are ready to go any day now...although for some reason I'm really hoping it will be a little longer. Aaron's birthday is next Saturday, the 23rd, and I'm hoping that it will be sometime after that. Not sure why, but that is just how I feel. Obviously, I'll be happy when this little one decides to enter the world...regardless of when it is!

************************************************************************

This pic has nothing to do with the post, but my family's dog McKenzie (Mac) passed away last Thursday unexpectedly. My dad had to make the decision to put her down when he discovered she had a stroke. I'm very sad to see her go, she was such a GREAT dog. We've had her for quite some time and she was definitely part of the family. Love you Mac!

1 comment:

White said...

Hi Mar!
Sorry to hear about McKenzie. She was a good dog. On a positive note, the bathroom counter top looks great - Aaron did a great job! Miss you!