HAPPY 32nd ON THE 23rd!! Aaron's birthday was Saturday - and although it would've probably been the best present ever for Aaron to have his first born on his birthday, I'm sorta glad he was able to have one more birthday to be about "him" because I'm sure with the baby's birthday being around his, it will not be as focused on him in the future! I'm big on birthdays (I think I get more excited for his birthday than he does) because it is the one day of the year that is "your special day"! :)
I made him a cake...he's good at humoring me and allowing me to take a picture with him holding his cake & blowing out candles...like you do when you are kids, even if it was just the two of us!! We went to dinner together and than had some friends over for a bon-fire in the evening. Overall, I think he enjoyed his birthday.
Happy Birthday Aaron - Love ya!
Our friends Becky, Dan, Jeremy, and Sarah at the bon-fire
Rachel & Jeff
The birthday boy and his VERY pregnant wife! I don't really approve of this picture, but it's the only one we took together on his birthday, so it'll have to do!
We also went for a walk around Silver Lake...it's a man-made lake here in town and it is a little less than 2 miles to walk around. It was a great day to be outside, so in the evening we went for another small walk around the neighborhood (we went for a lot of walks this weekend...trying to get things moving so we can meet our baby!!!).
Today was also a beautiful day. We went to the Rochester Water Ski show for something to do. They kicked off the season today. At least we got to be on a lake for a little while this weekend! It was pretty neat too, because they had a 21-gun salute for Memorial Day at the end of the show, which was really cool to watch. I of course had tears in my eyes, especially when they had someone play "Taps" on the trumpet. We also went for another walk down-town Rochester by the river...notice the trend of walking? I think it is going to be that way every day until this baby decides they are ready to greet the world!
The cutest boy ever, 6 years old - I have always loved to water-ski and I told Aaron today that I want our son/daughter to be in this show...the little ones are so dang cute!!
So, as you can tell, I'm still hanging in there...I'm officially "ready" now. Until now, I've been hoping to stay pregnant just a little longer, but I'm very content with having this baby ANY day now!! If I haven't had the baby by Friday, it will be my last day at work. I was always planning on working until I had the baby, but one of my jobs is to do our payroll, and the person doing payroll while I am out has daycare issues for next Monday, so it worked out best for her to know if she would be responsible for doing it or not on that Monday. And given at that point I'll be overdue, it works out for the best! I'll be only a few miles from Aaron, as his office is right by our house. So, I think it makes him feel a little better also!
.
We have an appt. tomorrow, so, unless something changes DRASTICALLY in the next 24-48 hours, you can count on an update and a 40 week picture within the day or 2!!
1 comment:
Hey Mar! I was thinking about you yesterday. Looks like you are still hanging in there and had a very busy weekend! Good for you. Happy birthday Aaron:) I will continue to think about you guys until I hear the news...praying everything goes well!
Post a Comment