Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Let the Decorating Begin!!

I'm so excited because we are finally getting to be able to work on Lil P's bedroom :) We painted the room on Sunday evening and have begun to assemble furniture. Sorry, I'm keeping it a suspense and will post pictures once everything is complete! (That's only 'cause I haven't had time to download my photos yet...I'm sure I won't be able to keep it suspenseful for very long!!)

We also have two rooms basically finalized downstairs. Aaron's mom & stepdad were here a few weekends ago and painted the two spare bedrooms & the bathroom. Aaron trimmed the bedrooms this past weekend and we had carpet laid on Monday in them! I already have one room ready to be slept in. The timing is perfect because we are having Aaron's cousin Tyler and his wife Amber staying over this Friday night. They are passing through on their way to a wedding on Saturday. Can't wait for the visitors. They've only been here for our wedding in July of '07 so it'll be nice!

We are waiting for the vanity we ordered to come in, and then Aaron will be able to tile the bathroom & trim that...then the bathroom will be complete too. Those are the rooms we were hoping to have complete before our baby's arrival, so I'm starting to feel a little less stressed about it...and I know Aaron is too.

Have I mentioned he works so hard on this basement? I made a statement on Sunday morning that the Easter bunny didn't come to our house this year, he nicely reminded me that the Easter bunny has been working on the basement in our house since January. Okay...you got me there!!

We had a little minor panic last night as we started assembling furniture in the baby's room. The crib went up very smoothly (and looks FANTASTIC). We decided to move on to the dresser...opened the package & the wood finish was NOT the same color that we ordered -- or -- that matched the crib. In fact, couldn't be more of the opposite - we ordered it in coffee (dark finish) and it was in "natural". AAAAH! So I called the store immediately, to find out that the dresser is no longer availabe in coffee. You're joking, right? That is what I said to the lady on the line. Nope - but she told me there is good news because there will be a different company making the same dresser and it will be available to order the 2nd week in May. She told me that I could get it at the end of May - ummmmm - NOT good news 'cause I'm due at the end of May!!! I was pretty bummed.

But - today Aaron went to the store, they gave him an in-store credit for the dresser & we found one that is very similar and were able to use the credit to purchase it. It is not the same company, so the finish might be slightly different (espresso, not coffeee...I have to think it is just the way the companies name their wood finish...both are dark woods...so should be basically the same).

There is always something here at the Anderson household!!

Hopefully I'll get some pictures up before the end of the week with the basement progress & such!

1 comment:

White said...

Hi Anderson's! Wow, you have gotten so much work done - I can't wait to see the pictures! That's great that you got all of the extra help painting! Glad you found a matching dresser - I bet that was really frustrating, but good thing it worked out! I am sure you will both be very relieved when everything if finished and then you will have a little time to relax before lil' P arrives :) Miss you!