Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Excuse my messy house...

...the kids are making memories.

This past weekend, we had a lot of good memories, and my house was pretty messy from them, so it reminded me of this saying that I came across at a craft sale recently. I didn't take any pictures of my house, but we spent a lot of Sunday picking up. It was well worth the day of fun/relaxation that we had on Saturday.

We started Saturday morning off with the ALS walk (Lou Gehrig's Disease) in memory of my Aunt Jane. After that, my sisters/mom were all going our separate ways to do some errands and such, so we didn't go to the extended family picnic that was hosted by my mom's cousin. It turns out we should have!

Well, Shannon had brought her kids over to our house while my mom and her did some errands, so my sister Angela ended up spontaneously stopping over for a bit too. All of a sudden the quick stops to our house before doing our other plans turned into a day's worth of memories. Sometimes you just have to postpone things for another day!

It was HOT out - and the girls (our nieces) didn't have their swim suits, but we improvised! The girls ran through the sprinkler in their underwear for a bit, and also in my tank tops. Too cute! We played with the kids all afternoon, and ended up grilling out for supper. My birthday was last Thursday (September 10th) and so we were having a little shin dig in the evening for my birthday. I love birthdays! We had some friends join our gathering later in the day for a bonfire in our backyard. Shannon made a cake for me for my birthday!!

Sometimes it seems that the days that are the most fun are the ones that aren't planned. It was a really great weekend!

Team Jane 2009 - missing a few people here, but the group pic none-the-less!

Addalyn with her cousins

Family Photo Opportunity :)

Addy on the walk - I think she was the littlest Team Jane member :)

Brynne & Grandma Bonnie (my mom!) Love this pic of the 2 of them!

Jen and Asher - too cute! The walk took a lot out of him, he fell asleep in his carrier!

Walking the Walk!
SpRInkLeR TimE! (My tank tops are a bit large on the girls, ha ha!) Even Aaron was running through the sprinkler! I love this picture.
He looks pretty good with 3 little girls, huh? That's good 'cause I took a quiz that predicted I was going to have 3 girls! He better get used to being out numbered. My dad can give him some tips!
Our afternoon entertainment...you should see all the pics I have like this! Oh dear Brooklynn, lots of blackmail for when you are older!


Ending the evening with a bonfire.

The weather this weekend was absolutely beautiful. A great day for the walk, hanging out, and for a bonfire in the evening. Before we know it...snow will be here. I don't mind that, it's the freezing cold that comes with it that I could take or leave :)

No comments: