Friday, September 4, 2009

Hanging out at the Kelley's

I love this picture of Addalyn with her cousin's Brynne & Brooklynn. I've been spending one day/week out at Shannon's helping her with the kids since her surgery. I captured this picture while I was there. Yesterday I had her kids and Addy on my own. What a day! Taking care of a 4, 3, 1 year old and 3 month old is a lot of work. Not sure how daycare 'moms' do it with so many kids! I really do enjoy the moments though - kids grow up so fast so it's hard to complain about a busy day!

Shannon had outpatient surgery yesterday to put in her port. This will allow her to do some of her chemo at home...and the parts that she has to do in the hospital, she'll be able to do via the port also, so she won't have to be pricked every time with and IV. She starts chemo on Tuesday, and will do this every other week for 6 months. It'll be busy for this time, but hopefully, it will all go off with little side effects and before we know it, it'll pass. That is what our prayers are for!

I can't leave out a picture of Drew, Shannon's youngest. He's such a cutie. Check out his shirt...gotta love it!!

No comments: