Friday, July 31, 2009

Bathing Beauties

My aunt Nancy and uncle Jerry have a pool at their home so I went over there this afternoon with my mom and we brought Shannon's kids swimming. Addalyn even dipped in the water for a bit - only for like 5 minutes - MAYBE. I would have done it longer, but it was sunny...she did great!

Shannon is doing okay - still in the hospital and recovering. We found out last night that 3 of the nodes ended up turning positive for cancer, which is a bummer. Her cancer is stage 3. That means chemo is definitely in the plans. She will go back in about 4 weeks to discuss that treatment, once her body has recovered a little more from the surgery. The good thing is, that technically Shannon is now in remission because they removed the cancer from her body. Now, the chemo is to keep it away and ensure that anything that may be remaining...is GONE. I believe 6 months of chemo is the plan - so PLEASE - any prayers you can spare to send her way, I appreciate from the bottom of my heart.

I can't explain what an emotional rollercoaster this week has been...and I'm just the sister. My heart aches when I think of what Shannon has gone through and will. She's so strong. Love that lady SOOOO much. Ugh...tears just thinking about her right now!
.
Anyway, these kids brighten up SO much in life. You look at children, and realize what miracles God CAN do!! Enjoy the pics of these little ones :)

The pool

Isn't she so cute in her suit???

Hanging out in her shades and swimsuit cover up (thanks agian Brooke for the cover up!)

Grandma (my mom) and Drew!

Brooklynn

Brynne - Oops, her head got cut off a bit :)

Drew-babes!

Brynne in action going off the diving board!
.
"No matter how steep the mountain - the Lord is going to climb it with you." -Helen Steiner Rice

2 comments:

Abby said...

Following from the Spindlers. Although we haven't met- I will pray for your family and for Shannon's strength as she begins to fight. I have two sisters and can't imagine how difficult this is for your family. Lots of love and prayers from Indy. PS- man, that baby is a beauty. PSS- one of my sisters is named Jane- love it!

Brian and Beth Woods said...

Mar! So sorry to hear about Shannon she will definitely be in our prayers for a speedy recovery! As well as you and your family during this hurdle in life.

Addy is such a beautiful baby girl! Looks like you've had a fun and busy summer :)