Sunday, June 21, 2009

Addy's First Babysitters

Addy had her first sitters this weekend, although it wasn't planned and I'd prefer that it was because Aaron and I would have been out doing something exciting like having dinner...instead, we were in the E.R./hospital for the weekend.

I had a really bad stomach ache on Friday and it progressively got worse, so Friday evening we all headed to the Emergency Room. Addy had her first sitter when my sis Angela came and picked her up from there while we waited to find out what was wrong with me. Thanks so much Ang!

Turns out I had appendicitis - and therefore had to have surgery. So, my aunt Sandy came over early Saturday morning as Aaron waited @ the hospital for me to have the surgery, and Addalyn had her 2nd sitter - THANK YOU SANDY!

Aaron's mom Jean came down for the weekend and is still here, taking care of Addalyn so we can all get our rest. Aaron stayed with me at the hospital last night and now we are both exhausted. So, grandma has night duty tonight!

I'm doing okay - sore right now...but happy to be home. I should be resting, but I've been in a hospital bed for so long, I just wanted to check my email and do a few things. Now, I'm going to rest this week, and my mom and sisters are going to help me out as I have some restrictions, so I'll need help caring for my baby. So sad.

It was so hard to be away from Addalyn for 2 nights - I missed her so much! And I am pretty bummed as we spent all day today, on Aaron's first Father's day in the hospital. They had told me this morning that I was not going to get to come home, but then tonight they surprised me. We just got home, so at least that is good! We can celebrate Father's day a different day I guess - the important thing is we were together as a family :)

Happy Father's Day to Aaron! Love you tons - you are such a good daddy :)

Also - Happy Father's Day to my dad, Lowell, Paul, and all the other dads out there. Hope your day was great!

2 comments:

Amy T said...

Thank goodness for family!!! I wish you a very speedy recovery!

Brooke said...

Oh no Marissa, I am sorry to hear about your appendicitis. That's never good but especially when you have a newborn. It sounds like you have good help around so that is good. Are you still planning on going home for the 4th or are you not going to be able to make the trip now? I am not sure how long the recovery is from that. I wish you a speedy recovery too and hopefully we'll still get to see you guys.
Take care!