Well, today I am 6 days overdue - we had an appt. yesterday afternoon that included a "Non-Stress Test", an Ultra Sound, and a check up with my doctor. The test was to make sure the baby's heartrate responded well to stimulation, and the ultra sound was to make sure that there were still okay levels of amniotic fluid.
Well, everything was fine, and I was surprised when we met with my doctor to find that there was NO CHANGE. WHAT?????? You've gotta be kidding me! I'm still only a little over 1 cm. dilated. But, there is some good news! Tomorrow, if all goes well, I will be induced :)
Mayo Clinic has a 10 day policy - where they are supposed to schedule an induction for at least 10 days after you are due. They have it this way because it is so much better for your body to go into labor naturally...which I'm still hoping happens sometime today instead of getting induced (but there are no signs of that happening!). Day 10 is actually Saturday, so my doctor said she could play with it since that was over the weekend. She tried to schedule the induction for Friday - and they were booked. Thursday was booked also, so she cheated and scheduled it for tomorrow. Hurray for Dr. Marnach! Otherwise it would be next Monday, and I'm just too excited to meet my baby to wait another whole weekend!
Sooooooo - today I am cleaning my house to make sure it is nice & clean for me and the baby when we return...going to take a nap because it will be the last time in a LONG time that I can take a nap when I want to...and just relaxing.
Please pray that there aren't a lot of deliveries going on overnight. 'Cause if it is too busy, we'd get a call in the morning that the induction has to be rescheduled - I promise to cry if that happens! Ha ha!
4 comments:
YEAH...I can't wait to meet Baby Anderson! So excited for you & Aaron, I can't stop smiling! I hope that baby decides to come on it's own but either way you will be holding that little baby soon!
I hope all goes well for you and baby! I'm sure you are so excited to mee this little one. My fingers are crossed that something will happen tonite, but if not, hopefully you'll be meeting him/her tomorrow sometime.
That was great of your dr. to do that, but hopefully you will go into natural labor soon - we are thinking of you over here, this is the third time I have checked your blog today just to make sure I didn't miss anything!!
I can't believe still no baby! I am glad to hear that your doc will be inducing you tomorrow, yeah! And who knows you might even go in before then. We can't wait to hear your news. We'll be thinking of you guys and praying for you and the baby.
Love,
Brad, Brooke, Rylee and Sadie
Post a Comment