Thursday, January 9, 2014

Chase - 2 months

Where in the heck does the time go?  Chase is already 2 months (narrowing the corner to month 3 now...sad!).  Before I know it, I'll be blogging about Chase being 2 years old.  Not going to lie - I'm not looking forward to him being 2 years old. 

I truly LOVE LOVE LOVE this stage.  Seriously.  I love watching that little brain work by starting to show their smiles, react to things (both positively and negatively) and watch them start to notice their senses.  Chase didn't have his 2 month check up until New Year's Eve day.  For being such a big newborn, he's not big as a 2 month old! 

He was 11 pounds, 11 ounces at his check-up, which is just 2 pounds higher than his birth weight and the 26th percentile.  His length is the 79th percentile (just over 24 inches) and head circumfrance is off the charges in the over 98 percentile (approx. 16 1/2 inches)...which is what it has basically been at with every check since he was born!


Like his siblings, Chase likes his pacifier.  Although, I'm pretty sure that if we didn't have that thing around, he'd think his fingers were pretty dang tasty.  I'd prefer a paci over his fingers any day!

I don't have many good pics of his smiles, but towards the middle of between month 1 and 2, he started smiling a lot more and now he is really smily.  He shows lots of reactions with that smile...I love that!

He also shows negative reactions when necessary.  He absolutely HATES it when his bottle is over.  He starts crying pretty hard.  Sometimes you would think that he was hurt!  Even when we increased the amount, he still cries, it usually lasts for a few minutes.  Silly guy!

So serious in this pic!  Wearing his "Anderson Hunting Camp and Lodge" onesie that Papa Lowell sent him right before deer season!!
We celebrated Thanksgiving in this month.  I didn't realize it until I looked back at pictures on Thanksgiving day, but I had chosen the same outfit as I had for Blake on Thanksgiving 3 years earlier.  I only have a few "dressier" outfits so it isn't too big of a surprise, but thought that was sorta cool!

Thanksgiving Day!
Our first family of 5 picture!
Thanksgiving "cousin" pic with the Bertucci's! (back row: Serafina, Andi is holding Chase, and Mira; middle row: Addy; front row Oliver and Blake)
 Chase has really started to hold his head pretty well.  We try and do tummy time daily, but it gets hard.  We do a good amount of it.  He's not too fond of it though, he does better strengthening those muscles when he is laying on your chest vs. the floor.

A good round of tummy time!
First time sitting in his bumbo!

He has basically slept in his carseat this month.  He does SOOOO well in there.  We discovered it after leaving our niece Brynne's birthday party where he had fallen sleep in his carseat since we left pretty late into the evening.  Rather than moving him, we figured he'd be waking soon for a bottle and then we'd move him --- but he didn't wake that night until 4 in the morning!  The next night we were at a friends house and had brought him with us, and the same thing happened. 

So, we started having him sleep in there and he has been doing really well.  Now that I am almost about to head back to work, we've been working on getting him in his pack and play (his room isn't done yet for him to be in his crib)...the first few nights were rough but its' gotten a lot better!

For the most part, he falls asleep somewhere between 7:30 and 9:30 --- it sort've depends when his last bottle was.  He'll sleep typically until about 4 or 5 from there - every once in a while he will get up earlier.  After his feeding, he will fall back asleep until usually 8 or so if we are home and not going anywhere.  I can't complain!  Both Addy and Blake were up at about 6 at this age!

He takes about 3-4 naps during the day, not scheduled at all yet.  It basically depends on how long each nap is.  He definitely fights these most days...meaning he'll fall asleep but wake within 30 minutes or so and I know he is still tired!

My sleepy guy!
 He doesn't like to fall asleep on his own yet, but we keep working on it.  He's still little! I don't know if I've become a softy, or if he is that much more stubborn where he doesn't give in, but I don't think we've had a successful "cry it out" experience yet.  I always have to go in there after a few minutes to settle him down and try it over.  Although I will say it is getting better!!!!

Showing off one of his Christmas outfits!
 Just in the last few weeks, so right at the end of "month 2" he started to notice his animals hanging on his bouncy.  He has staring contests with them!

Animal Stare Down!
Bath time goes pretty smooth with Chase.  As long as I get a nice big wash cloth and keep it on him while he is in the bath to keep him warm, he doesn't usually cry during the bath. 

After bath cuddles with his sister!
All in all, Chase is seriously SUCH A GOOD BABY!  He's still really laid back.  For the most part, I know he is crying for a reason --- he's tired, hungry, or needs a diaper change.  There have only been a few occasions where I didn't think there was something he needed when he was crying.  Unlike his brother who could've cared less, Chase DOES NOT appreciate a dirty diaper so he lets me know when he needs a change. 
 
I was warned by my insurance agent the other day to be careful of the laid back babies!  He has 4 kids and said his easiest baby was his most challenging in the pre-teen years.  I'm sure in a few months or years I'll be saying how stubborn Chase is or something...but for now, he's just my sweet little guy and I am soooo lucky!!!!
 

2 month picture! (and another Christmas outfit!)
And because these are my favs...have to post these following pics!

Me and my boys!
Sigh....love my babies!  Love this pic!
My goofballs (or as Addy says "Goof-alls" --- she doesn't say the b!)
I am loving life as a mommy of 3, that is for sure.  There are days where it is crazy.  There are times where I realize more than the usual 1 day has passed since our last bath night.  Times where all I want to do is clean up my house and sit in peace and quiet.  Times where my patience is more thin than I would like to admit....

Yes, there are those days.

But, there are also days that are like those pictures above, where I am with my 3 babies, and the world keeps spinning around me but all I see is them.  If I could sit in that chair with Addy, Blake, and Chase at the ages they are at and on my lap and have time stand still.  I would. 

I love my babies being little! 

This guy right here is the perfect addition to Team Anderson!


No comments: