Thursday, January 9, 2014

Meeting with Santa :)

We kept up our family tradition this year of going to meet Santa at Hiller's here in Rochester.  It is invite only for the customers...and we are never disappointed! 

 
They have a "toy shop" that Santa sits in, provide lunch/snacks, give a gift to each child, and have lots of things to do while you wait for Santa.  They give you a number, so you don't just have to wait in line for Santa.  While you are there, you can write letters to him, color pictures, decorate Christmas cookies, etc. 
 
Blake was checking out Santa from afar in this pic...he wasn't too sure what to think! 

Next in line!  Addy is staring in at him soooo seriously here.  I wish I knew what was goign through her head!
 Addy could NOT. WAIT. to meet Santa this year.  She got us up at 5:45 in the morning on that morning...asking when we got to leave to meet him.  She's so funny.  She was all about Christmas in every aspect this year....not just Santa but the true meaning of it all.

She knows that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus and even made presents for him to put under our tree.  One of my favorite memories from this Christmas is when her and I were driving home one night and it was quiet and peaceful in the car.  All of a sudden Addy yelled out "JESUS"! ----- it took me so off guard I initially wanted to get mad wondering why she would have just yelled that, until I realized we had just driven by a house with a manger scene in the front yard.  She was excited to see Jesus!

That being said - she was very excited about Santa as well.  She told him she wanted a Barbie house and real make up.  Santa told her she was too pretty for real make up, so she truly thought that he wasn't going to give her that gift.  If you ask her now, that is probably her favorite thing she got from Santa this year --- only because she didn't expect it :) 

Addy and Santa!
 
Blake wasn't so sure what to think about Santa in the flesh.  He was a bit scared so wouldn't sit on his lap.  He would talk to him with Aaron holding him.  He told him that he wanted "superman" stuff...which for Blake, basically includes all heros - Spiderman, Ninja Turtles, etc!

The closest we could get Blake to Santa was with a high 5!


Chase got to hang with Santa as well, but my picture turned out blurry.  My mom has a better pic on her camera, and you leave the store with printed pictures of your visit with Santa, so I do have good ones for the books, just not for the blog!

My parents always come with to visit Santa every year, so we got this group shot of us with Santa.  Love all the smiles in this pic!

 
Face "painting" time!
Decorating Christmas cookies with grandma!
I shot this picture while Addy and Blake were decorating cookies.  I think Chase's smile says "Guys!  I just met Santa for the first time and he's pretty cool!"  If you are my friend on facebook...I'm pretty sure I posted this pic with that caption so it isn't new to you!

I am always truly impressed with how much they think of at Hiller's for their "Santa Day".  We always enjoy our morning excursion to meet Santa.  It's a good Christmas tradition for our family!

No comments: