This worked out really well. Aaron's mom doesn't usually have any plans for the actual day of Christmas because we are all in Michigan. We always celebrate Christmas with Jean and Paul and all of our combined families in January. So, it was nice to invite them down and know that they were doing something for the holiday on the day as well.
Christmas Eve day we did a few things around the house and enjoyed the company. You may remember we try and make a family block each year for Christmas. We haven't gotten around to making them the last few years with the move and such - but we made sure to do the same thing we did the years of Addy and Blake's first Christmas, which was to paint their toes on the block so they can have a little keepsake.
![]() |
| Doing Chase's block. I love all the spectators...Blake's head cocked to watch and Addy and Paul watching so contently! |
We went to Christmas Eve mass at our church (which is the one I grew up in). I hadn't been at that mass since I met Aaron, but it was nice to be there and hear some songs that I've only heard played at that church for mass and such. My parents joined us for church and then following mass we had dinner at our house with my parents, Jean and Paul, as well as my sister Angela and her kids. Shannon was celebrating Christmas with her in-laws :)
![]() |
| Our little poser! |
![]() |
| The best family pic we got...even though it isn't so great! |
After we got the kids down, I went outside to just stand in the snow. I wish I could have sat out there for a while - I loved how peaceful it was and with the glow of everyone's Christmas lights...perfect!
![]() |
| Our house on Christmas Eve with the snow coming down! |
![]() |
| Waiting for daddy to get his "eyes" (contacts) in. They are sitting at the top of the stairs waiting for the "okay" to come down and see if Santa came! |
Some of Addy's presents were a Barbie house and real make-up from Santa. Along with games, books, a puzzle, movie, some new boots, a Hello Kitty radio/CD player and a few other things (some of that from Santa, some from mom and dad!).
Blake got a few different Superman/Spiderman things from Santa such as an activity book, a stuffed "Spidy", Superman sweatshirt and a Spiderman radio/CD player. He also got books, games, a puzzle and a few other things like Addy did!
![]() |
| How cute are his PJ's??! I love these "old man jammies"! |
Addy's big gift was a Barbie house as mentioned, and Blake and Chase's big gift was a new "truck" to ride around the neighborhood. Santa thought that since the neighborhood boys always cruise the streets with their John Deere Gator, that the Anderson boys (and Addy...since she hangs with all the boys on the street!) could use this to keep up!!!! Here's to hoping it provides years of entertainment!
| Hanging in their new ride! |
| Chase likes his new gifts! |
We were "that" family and all wore our new comfy sweats and tee shirts on the drive up to Michigan!
![]() |
| May not be matching Christmas Jammies....but we have matching Panther Gear. (Check out Addy's beautiful make-up...she dug right into her "real make-up" from Santa!) |
It was a great Christmas day, even with the traveling :)











No comments:
Post a Comment